Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Skinning] Skinning broken on Mac since 5.4 (OpenGL issue?)
Character skinning is broken on MacOS
1. What happened
Most, if not all, characters with skinning (joints binded to mesh vertex) are broken (mesh flickers, rotates, vertexes fly away for a few seconds, etc.) on MacOS with default Unity settings.
see attached gif
Enabling... Project Settings > Player > GPU Skinning option fixes these issues.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
This can be reproduced with about any skinned character scene, or attached example (fbx is a bit long to load).
-Open SkinIssue scene
-Select Main Camera and move it in the scene view
bug: skinned mesh does wierd things in the Scene and Game windows
This is a regression from 5.3.2p2 (does not repro in this version)
This looks like a MacOS only issue.
repro since at least 5.4.0b1 (c64972211218)
also repro in 5.4.0b5 (9e4e230b6d3e)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details
- [VCS] Opening or clicking Refresh in VersionControl window should save assets
- [VCS] Option to do RevertUnchanged on each Submit ("revertunchanged" in p4)
- [VCS] Request: VersionControl window could show which assets are checked out but not actually modified
- Cannot move camera slider in LOD Group component on Mac