Search Issue Tracker
Changing the CullingMode of a running animation's Animator to Always Animate unlocks transform options
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("AnimatorBugCheckTest.zip")
2. Expand the "player_01" and find the "SKLk_C_SpineA" object
3. Enter Play Mode and change "SKLk_C_SpineA" object's X rotation to 80
4. Observe that the rotation resets to 23.042
5. Click on the "player_01" and change the Culling mode to "Always Animate"
6. Try changing the "SKLk_C_SpineA" object's X rotation to 80 again
Expected result: The rotation resets to 23.042
Actual result: The rotation is changed to 80
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a13, 2018.3.2f1, 2017.4.18f1
Note: For all culling modes, If the value is set to a high one such as 300 the value gets reset to 383.042 instead
383 and 23 are functionally the same angle. When the angle gets set from the quaternion in the Animation (23), the UI will reflect the closest Euler angle to the angle that was previously there, on a multiple of 360 degrees (23, 383, 743). When you change the angle to 300 degrees, the closest angle then becomes 383. This has no impact on the actual angle of the object.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Prefab] Duplicating nested prefabs children does not maintain transform
- Modifying "Image.sprite" of an existing Image, deforms it
- [Timeline] Deleting an "Animation Track" that points to the same Animator, breaks Custom Track preview
- [HDRP] The Camera's Color buffer is no longer accessible in the VFX Graph
- Two incompatible components can be added to a GameObject when using the Prefab Mode