Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Changing Skinned Mesh causes unwanted deformations when using models with 3ds Max Biped rig
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Skin_Mesh_Issue"
2. Drag "box_3ds_Max_Biped.fbx" into Scene
3. Reveal the child objects of the aforementioned object in the Hierarchy
4. Drag in the Mesh from "sphere_3ds_Max_Biped.fbx" into the Mesh slot of the Skinned Mesh Renderer component on the object Box001 under "box_3ds_Max_Biped"
5. Observe the mesh breaking up
Repeating steps 2-4 using "box_standard_bones" and "sphere_standard_bones" respectively will not result in the same problem
Note: please see the attached video if the steps are not clear
Note 2: both objects are using the same rig
Expected result: meshes are interchanged without a problem
Actual result: the replaced mesh breaks
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2018.1.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator