Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Changing Skinned Mesh causes unwanted deformations when using models with 3ds Max Biped rig
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Skin_Mesh_Issue"
2. Drag "box_3ds_Max_Biped.fbx" into Scene
3. Reveal the child objects of the aforementioned object in the Hierarchy
4. Drag in the Mesh from "sphere_3ds_Max_Biped.fbx" into the Mesh slot of the Skinned Mesh Renderer component on the object Box001 under "box_3ds_Max_Biped"
5. Observe the mesh breaking up
Repeating steps 2-4 using "box_standard_bones" and "sphere_standard_bones" respectively will not result in the same problem
Note: please see the attached video if the steps are not clear
Note 2: both objects are using the same rig
Expected result: meshes are interchanged without a problem
Actual result: the replaced mesh breaks
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.1f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2018.1.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible