Search Issue Tracker
Certain Shaders remain broken when an undeclared variable is removed
1. Create a new Project
2. Create a new Unlit shader
3. In the struct v2f add the following line "float3 test;"
4. Save the Shader
5. Observe the Shader in the Inspector window. "Shader is not supported on this GPU" error is thrown
6. Delete the added line and save the shader
7. Observe the Inspector window again
Expected behavior: The error message is gone, as the code which caused the error has been removed
Actual behavior: The error remains. Any materials that have been using this shader remain magenta
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a23
1. Only reproducible with D3D11 and D3D12. Does not reproduce when using Vulkan, Metal or OpenGL. Reimport clears the error when Vulkan or OpenGL is used.
2. Restarting the Editor or Re-importing the assets does not resolve this
3. 2017.4 does not throw an error message, but the materials that use the affected shader remain broken
4. Shaders affected: Unlit/ImageEffect
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'