Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Can't rename a UI game object after duplicating it
1. Download attached project "UI Scenario.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "test" scene
3. In Hierarchy select Canvas > Bottom Menu
4. Try to rename "Button (1)" game object
Note: Observe that renaming should work
5. Try to duplicate "Button (1)" or whatever you named game object
Expected Result: Renaming should work again without any problem
Actual Result: Renaming does not work
- If you go to Play mode and then exit it then this issue will vanish but only until the next duplicate
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0b7, 2017.2.0b11 and 2017.3.0a7
Not reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p4, 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.1p1 and 2017.2.0b6
Regression on Unity 2017.2.0b7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected