Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
"cannot take parameters" error appears in UWP developers build while using private Update() method
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project and open "Main" Scene
2. Go to build setting and press Build and Run (make sure UWP is selected)
3. Then builds completes, notice error at the bottom left in game
Actual result: Script has a private Update() method, and a public Update(float) method. In development build, the Developer Console says "Script Error (script name): Update() can not take parameters."
Reproduced with: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: This works fine and has no problems in Unity editor or most platforms.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The "Materials" tab in the Inspector window is empty when inspecting an imported .fbx file
- Using the Reset() context menu option on a Scriptable Object clears its name property in the Inspector window
- [OSX] Unity beachballs when coming out of sleep
- [Android, iOS][Touch] Touch is 1-2 frames late
- [XR] InputDebugger does not update consistently to reflect movement or interaction