Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3
"cannot take parameters" error appears in UWP developers build while using private Update() method
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project and open "Main" Scene
2. Go to build setting and press Build and Run (make sure UWP is selected)
3. Then builds completes, notice error at the bottom left in game
Actual result: Script has a private Update() method, and a public Update(float) method. In development build, the Developer Console says "Script Error (script name): Update() can not take parameters."
Reproduced with: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: This works fine and has no problems in Unity editor or most platforms.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode
- [Terrain] Painting on newly created neighboring terrains results in null reference errors