Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 2017.3.X
"cannot take parameters" error appears in UWP developers build while using private Update() method
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project and open "Main" Scene
2. Go to build setting and press Build and Run (make sure UWP is selected)
3. Then builds completes, notice error at the bottom left in game
Actual result: Script has a private Update() method, and a public Update(float) method. In development build, the Developer Console says "Script Error (script name): Update() can not take parameters."
Reproduced with: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: This works fine and has no problems in Unity editor or most platforms.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy