Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 2017.3.X
"cannot take parameters" error appears in UWP developers build while using private Update() method
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project and open "Main" Scene
2. Go to build setting and press Build and Run (make sure UWP is selected)
3. Then builds completes, notice error at the bottom left in game
Actual result: Script has a private Update() method, and a public Update(float) method. In development build, the Developer Console says "Script Error (script name): Update() can not take parameters."
Reproduced with: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: This works fine and has no problems in Unity editor or most platforms.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration