Search Issue Tracker
"cannot take parameters" error appears in UWP developers build while using private Update() method
How to reproduce:
1. Download attached project and open "Main" Scene
2. Go to build setting and press Build and Run (make sure UWP is selected)
3. Then builds completes, notice error at the bottom left in game
Actual result: Script has a private Update() method, and a public Update(float) method. In development build, the Developer Console says "Script Error (script name): Update() can not take parameters."
Reproduced with: 5.6.3p3, 2017.1.f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.3.0a7
Note: This works fine and has no problems in Unity editor or most platforms.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save
- Unsigned Long (ulong) value input range is identical to Long in Inspector
- UI Image Position doesn't updated in Editor IF the object is not active while using PointerEventData eventData