Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Cannot find ScriptableObject asset by search in Project Window when namespace of corresponding script is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached "Asset Namespace Change Bug" project
2. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript"
3. "New My Script.asset" shows up
4. Open "MyScript.cs" script and change the namespace to anything else (it is important to use VS potential fixes option after changing the namespace)
5. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript" again
Expected result: The "New My Script" asset shows up in Project Window
Actual result: The "New My Script" asset does not show up in Project Window
Reproduced with: 2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.3f1, 2018.3.0a8
Notes: - The asset still seems to work fine for all other purposes though. The "New New Behaviour Script.asset" still keeps its reference to the "New My Script.asset".
- Changing the namespace back or manually reimporting the asset fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar
- Custom shader creation APIs are missing the AssetImportContext and thus can't handle includes correctly
- 2019.4: PackedMemorySnapshot: nativeObjects.gcHandleIndex contains -1 always
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's