Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Cannot find ScriptableObject asset by search in Project Window when namespace of corresponding script is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached "Asset Namespace Change Bug" project
2. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript"
3. "New My Script.asset" shows up
4. Open "MyScript.cs" script and change the namespace to anything else (it is important to use VS potential fixes option after changing the namespace)
5. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript" again
Expected result: The "New My Script" asset shows up in Project Window
Actual result: The "New My Script" asset does not show up in Project Window
Reproduced with: 2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.3f1, 2018.3.0a8
Notes: - The asset still seems to work fine for all other purposes though. The "New New Behaviour Script.asset" still keeps its reference to the "New My Script.asset".
- Changing the namespace back or manually reimporting the asset fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets