Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Cannot find ScriptableObject asset by search in Project Window when namespace of corresponding script is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached "Asset Namespace Change Bug" project
2. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript"
3. "New My Script.asset" shows up
4. Open "MyScript.cs" script and change the namespace to anything else (it is important to use VS potential fixes option after changing the namespace)
5. In the Project Window's search bar type "t:MyScript" again
Expected result: The "New My Script" asset shows up in Project Window
Actual result: The "New My Script" asset does not show up in Project Window
Reproduced with: 2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p3, 2017.4.9f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.3f1, 2018.3.0a8
Notes: - The asset still seems to work fine for all other purposes though. The "New New Behaviour Script.asset" still keeps its reference to the "New My Script.asset".
- Changing the namespace back or manually reimporting the asset fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display