Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.2
Can not receive information about microphone devices when name contains special characters
1. Open project attached (MicrophoneBugTest.zip)
2. Press play.
3. Press on button to check print your Microphones to console.
Expected result: Device name will always be returned.
Actual result: On some devices it returns empty string or null.
Note: Information from user: "This is currently affecting around 2-3% of my customers. There is no workaround. It appears to be potentially related to special characters in different countries. Most customers with issues seem to be in Spain or China."
Make sure your microphone contains any special character. There is suggested name of microphone "Batería de micrófonos internos".
In 5.3 it does not return microphone at all.
Reproduced on: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5.2f1, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP][Android] Incorrect symbol length/symbols returned with "AndroidJavaClass"and "AndroidJavaProxy" on Android < 5.1.1
- Animating the alpha channel of a color in a material causes the RGB channels to be reset to 0
- [Mobile] TouchScreenKeyboardType is missing DecimalPad
- Memory leak in Scene Memory/RenderTexture when Scene View is active and 'Animated Materials' + 'Post Processings' toggles are on
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager