Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Can not receive information about microphone devices when name contains special characters
1. Open project attached (MicrophoneBugTest.zip)
2. Press play.
3. Press on button to check print your Microphones to console.
Expected result: Device name will always be returned.
Actual result: On some devices it returns empty string or null.
Note: Information from user: "This is currently affecting around 2-3% of my customers. There is no workaround. It appears to be potentially related to special characters in different countries. Most customers with issues seem to be in Spain or China."
Make sure your microphone contains any special character. There is suggested name of microphone "Batería de micrófonos internos".
In 5.3 it does not return microphone at all.
Reproduced on: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5.2f1, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Profiler] [UI] Selected label contains data after cleanup
- Mismatched shadow projection between the Scene and Game views
- Infinite creation of Materials
- [MAC] Console window is showing an error when selecting a GameObject that uses geometry shaders
- Render Scale Jitter render scale changes that occur continuously