Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.2
Can not receive information about microphone devices when name contains special characters
1. Open project attached (MicrophoneBugTest.zip)
2. Press play.
3. Press on button to check print your Microphones to console.
Expected result: Device name will always be returned.
Actual result: On some devices it returns empty string or null.
Note: Information from user: "This is currently affecting around 2-3% of my customers. There is no workaround. It appears to be potentially related to special characters in different countries. Most customers with issues seem to be in Spain or China."
Make sure your microphone contains any special character. There is suggested name of microphone "Batería de micrófonos internos".
In 5.3 it does not return microphone at all.
Reproduced on: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5.2f1, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone