Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
Can not receive information about microphone devices when name contains special characters
1. Open project attached (MicrophoneBugTest.zip)
2. Press play.
3. Press on button to check print your Microphones to console.
Expected result: Device name will always be returned.
Actual result: On some devices it returns empty string or null.
Note: Information from user: "This is currently affecting around 2-3% of my customers. There is no workaround. It appears to be potentially related to special characters in different countries. Most customers with issues seem to be in Spain or China."
Make sure your microphone contains any special character. There is suggested name of microphone "Batería de micrófonos internos".
In 5.3 it does not return microphone at all.
Reproduced on: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5.2f1, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Second Hierarchy window is focused when creating object in main Hierarchy
- Editor crashes when deleting in-use SpeedTree Terrain assets
- Error CS0266 when using Implicit operator to convert Nullable<> struct to non-nullable
- [UWP] Ping doesn't work and an exception is thrown when Ping.isDone
- Unity Editor crashes when importing obj file with large dimensions