Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.6.5
Calling WebCamTexture.Stop() after GetPixels() leads to memory corruption or crashes.
The issue is that WebCamTexture.Stop() frees internal memory buffer used by GetPixels(), but doesn't mark it as deleted. So subsequent requests by GetPixels() will write into freed memory, as well as crash when it tries to delete the buffer a second time when WebCamTexture is GC'ed or Stop() is called again.
Unfortunately, the only workaround is to never call Stop() and make sure that WebCamTexture is never freed. 4.6 users can consider to revert to 4.6.4p1.
1) Download and open project
2) Build and run on iOS
3) Press capture button
4) Press Unload button
5) Notice crash
NOTE: commenting out line 24 (which calls GetPixels()) seems to not cause crash
Reproduced on 4.6.4f1 and 4.6.2p2 using iPad Air (8.1.1) (no difference when using mono or il2cpp)
Doesn't reproduce on 4.6.2p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- CIL Linker errors are thrown when building with IL2CPP/WebGL
- Some normal maps has ripple effect and appears to be lower in quality when using default compression settings
- <color=red><></color> does not work with 呸 symbol
- Warning on affected shader count is not thrown when trying to collect shader variants with Async Shader compilation enabled
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project