Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.6.1
[Caching] Canceling WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload with WWW.Dispose() puts the caching into an invalid state
Steps to repro:
1. Open the project and the scene
2. Build it to android platform
3. Run it, observe that Caching.IsVersionCached(url, version) returnts true even though the object is not actually cached properly
This behavior can be reproduced in the editor as well.
Notes from the user:
WWW doesn't support overriding timeouts for stalled downloads, and there isn't a clear definition for what to do to stop a WWW request. The Dispose call exists but isn't in your documentation.
The WWW.error being a string makes it hard to properly determine what is going on and deal with it. At the very least there should be error codes along with documentation for what is going wrong so that we can take appropriate measures to either message that to the user or deal with it programmatically.
Caching has no real management ability, we can only clear everything or basically leave it as is. It'd be great to be able to clear a specific url/version from Caching.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Errors appear when entering Play Mode if using AsDeferredJobArray()
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- [Mobile] System.Convert.ToSingle throws exception when using specific language on device
- TerrainData.AwakeFromLoad takes around 13-19 ms after loading a Terrain from an asset bundle