Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3, 2018.1
BuildPipelineInterfaces causes slow EnterPlaymode performance when there are many cs files in the project
1. Import attached project.
2. Create new scene.
3. In Profiler, select Record and Profile Editor.
4. Enter Play mode.
5. Stop recording in Profiler.
6. In Profiler Overview, find:
EnterPlaymode -> Application.WaitForAsyncOperationToComplete -> Preload Single Step -> Application.LoadLevelAsync Integrate -> BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks()
7. Observe Time ms.
Expected result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() should not make a new scene this slow.
Actual result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() slows down Play mode. Time ms becomes much shorter only when all cs files are deleted.
Reproducible with: 5.6.2p3, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b3, 2017.3.0a1
Not reproducible with: 5.5.4f1
Already fixed in: 2018.1.0b10, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p2. Fixes on other versions will appear a little later
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error