Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X
BuildPipelineInterfaces causes slow EnterPlaymode performance when there are many cs files in the project
1. Import attached project.
2. Create new scene.
3. In Profiler, select Record and Profile Editor.
4. Enter Play mode.
5. Stop recording in Profiler.
6. In Profiler Overview, find:
EnterPlaymode -> Application.WaitForAsyncOperationToComplete -> Preload Single Step -> Application.LoadLevelAsync Integrate -> BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks()
7. Observe Time ms.
Expected result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() should not make a new scene this slow.
Actual result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() slows down Play mode. Time ms becomes much shorter only when all cs files are deleted.
Reproducible with: 5.6.2p3, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b3, 2017.3.0a1
Not reproducible with: 5.5.4f1
Already fixed in: 2018.1.0b10, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p2. Fixes on other versions will appear a little later
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Undoing UDocument Sort Order does not take effect
- Read-only fields can be modified with the mouse dragger
- "Assembly for Assembly Definition File '*' will not be compiled" warning thrown, on creating a new project
- Game Object with Cast Shadows type set to Shadows Only flickers when illuminated by a Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning