Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3
BuildPipelineInterfaces causes slow EnterPlaymode performance when there are many cs files in the project
1. Import attached project.
2. Create new scene.
3. In Profiler, select Record and Profile Editor.
4. Enter Play mode.
5. Stop recording in Profiler.
6. In Profiler Overview, find:
EnterPlaymode -> Application.WaitForAsyncOperationToComplete -> Preload Single Step -> Application.LoadLevelAsync Integrate -> BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks()
7. Observe Time ms.
Expected result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() should not make a new scene this slow.
Actual result: BuildPipelineIntefaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() slows down Play mode. Time ms becomes much shorter only when all cs files are deleted.
Reproducible with: 5.6.2p3, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b3, 2017.3.0a1
Not reproducible with: 5.5.4f1
Already fixed in: 2018.1.0b10, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p2. Fixes on other versions will appear a little later
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI