Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Binary to YAML conversion error is thrown importing certain packages and Asset Serialization Mode is set to Force Text
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Under Edit > Project Settings > Editor, set Asset Serialization Mode to "Force Text"
3. Navigate to "https://assetstore.unity.com/" in a browser of your choice
4. Search for "Microsplat" by Jason Booth and press "Add to my Assets"
5. Click "Open in Unity"
6. Import the "MicroSplat" package from the Package Manager
7. Click "Import" again when prompted
Expected result: No error messages are thrown in the Console
Actual result: "Binary to YAML conversion: type UInt16 is unsupported" error is logged to the Console
Reproduced in: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.20f1, 2019.3.9f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
- The issue is not reproducible if Asset Serialization Mode is set to "Force Binary" or "Mixed"
- In 2020.1.0b5, two additional errors are thrown:
"Trying to access current progress scope, but the scope stack is empty"
"Trying to pop progress scope to invalid size (trying 1 stack size 0)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project