Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Binary to YAML conversion error is thrown importing certain packages and Asset Serialization Mode is set to Force Text
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Under Edit > Project Settings > Editor, set Asset Serialization Mode to "Force Text"
3. Navigate to "https://assetstore.unity.com/" in a browser of your choice
4. Search for "Microsplat" by Jason Booth and press "Add to my Assets"
5. Click "Open in Unity"
6. Import the "MicroSplat" package from the Package Manager
7. Click "Import" again when prompted
Expected result: No error messages are thrown in the Console
Actual result: "Binary to YAML conversion: type UInt16 is unsupported" error is logged to the Console
Reproduced in: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.20f1, 2019.3.9f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
- The issue is not reproducible if Asset Serialization Mode is set to "Force Binary" or "Mixed"
- In 2020.1.0b5, two additional errors are thrown:
"Trying to access current progress scope, but the scope stack is empty"
"Trying to pop progress scope to invalid size (trying 1 stack size 0)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property