Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Binary to YAML conversion error is thrown importing certain packages and Asset Serialization Mode is set to Force Text
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Under Edit > Project Settings > Editor, set Asset Serialization Mode to "Force Text"
3. Navigate to "https://assetstore.unity.com/" in a browser of your choice
4. Search for "Microsplat" by Jason Booth and press "Add to my Assets"
5. Click "Open in Unity"
6. Import the "MicroSplat" package from the Package Manager
7. Click "Import" again when prompted
Expected result: No error messages are thrown in the Console
Actual result: "Binary to YAML conversion: type UInt16 is unsupported" error is logged to the Console
Reproduced in: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.20f1, 2019.3.9f1, 2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7
- The issue is not reproducible if Asset Serialization Mode is set to "Force Binary" or "Mixed"
- In 2020.1.0b5, two additional errors are thrown:
"Trying to access current progress scope, but the scope stack is empty"
"Trying to pop progress scope to invalid size (trying 1 stack size 0)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator