Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[Billboard][API] Tree Billboard scale is not updated correctly when calling it in Update() method
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Open attached project and ‘testAPI' scene;
3. Select Terrain gameobject;
4. Input ‘0’ to Scale field;
5. Launch the scene;
6. Notice that billboard disappeared - EXPECTED;
7. Input ‘2’ to Scale field in Inspector;
8. Scroll closer for upper LOD2 to appear - notice that it's scale has changed to 2, while billboard is two times smaller - its value is 1. See attached gif video.
Billboard scale should be consistent with tree LOD scale when calling it in Play mode.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0a2, 5.5.0b11, 5.4.2p2;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.12.1 and Windows 10;
- Happens only when calling heightScale in Update() method, not happening when calling it in Start();
- Happens on both Editor and Standalone build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
- Block is not removed from context when converting it to Subgraph