Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Bad syntax in GrammarRecognizer causes GrammarRecognizer to fail on all subsequent runs until Unity restart
1) Open attached project and scene in it
2) Press Play in editor to run the simple application.
3) With a microphone plugged in and enabled, say one of the words listed in the goodGrammar.xml file:
4) The Console area of the editor should read "Phrase Recognized: " followed by the word that was heard.
5) Stop the scene.
6) In the Hierarchy, select the Grammar Recognizer game object.
7) On the Grammar Recognizer Test script, check the "Use Bad Grammar" checkbox. In code, this will load the badGrammar.xml file when the program is started (an xml file that has an intentional syntax error).
8) Repeat steps 2 and 3
9) The console area of the editor should remain empty--it will not recognize any phrases as the GrammarRecognizer silently fails.
10) Stop the play mode again
11) In the Hierarchy, select the Grammar Recognizer game object.
12) On the Grammar Recognizer Test script, uncheck the "Use Bad Grammar" checkbox.
13) Repeat steps 2 and 3 again
Expected: Step 4 happens again as good file is reloaded
Actual: GrammarRecognizer continues to silently fail
If you close Unity and restart it, the problem disappears until next time you load the broken .xml file
Reproduced in 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Aspect Ratio Fitter's "Fit In Parent" Aspect Mode causes scene to update indefinitely
- DragAndDrop state is not cleanup after a drag
- [SRP] Shadow culling ignores Lens Shift setting on Camera
- Output Texture's RGB values are slightly different from the source PNG image when using Texture2D.EncodeToPNG function
- [Android] Accessing any class/instance member with an "AggressiveInlining" attribute will cause a crash