Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.5f1
[Backport] UI Components cause GC Allocation when enabled
1. Open users attached project
2. Select File/Build and Run
3. Select Window/Analysis/Profiler and set Player as a target
4. In the Overview, search for GameObject.SetActive() and observe the GC Alloc
Expected result: 0 bytes of "GC Alloc"
Actual result: 60.3KB of "GC Alloc"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4.29f1(could not downgrade)
1. 2019.4.17f1 - 2020.2.0a5 (30.2KB GC allocation)
2. 2020.2.0a7 - 2021.1.0b1 (60.3KB GC allocation)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration
- Label with Dynamic Color is not getting Playmode tint in the UI Builder window
- Error "Could not create asset from Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing" when adding Post Processing package via Git URL for the first time