Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.37f1, 2021.3.6f1
[Backport] [ParticleSystemForce] Errors are thrown on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted
When ParticleSystemForce object is deleted then on accessing its Preset when Editor is in play mode throws errors in the console. Refer attached video and stack trace
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Effects > Particle System Force Field > Create Preset
3. Hierarchy > Particle System Force Field > Delete
4. Project > Particle System Force Field Preset > Editor > Play Mode.
Errors spam the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted.
No error should be thrown in the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted, Or more user-friendly warning should be thrown
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
SerializedObject target has been destroyed.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:119)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:107)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/External/MirroredPackageSources/com.unity.ui/Editor/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:617)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform