Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.37f1, 2021.3.6f1
[Backport] [ParticleSystemForce] Errors are thrown on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted
When ParticleSystemForce object is deleted then on accessing its Preset when Editor is in play mode throws errors in the console. Refer attached video and stack trace
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Hierarchy > Effects > Particle System Force Field > Create Preset
3. Hierarchy > Particle System Force Field > Delete
4. Project > Particle System Force Field Preset > Editor > Play Mode.
Errors spam the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted.
No error should be thrown in the console on accessing Preset when ParticleSystemForce is deleted, Or more user-friendly warning should be thrown
2021.2.0a7, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.6f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.21f1
Windows 10 & macOS 10.15
SerializedObject target has been destroyed.
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:311)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:119)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PresetsEditor/PresetEditor.cs:107)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/External/MirroredPackageSources/com.unity.ui/Editor/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:617)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Action can't be undone after changing the base Controller on the Animator Controller
- The Axes Gizmo is wiggling around when moving around the Scene View with enabled Physical Camera and Isometric View
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable