Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.43f1
[Backport] [Metal] Unity returns that it only supports 8 compute buffers with metal graphics API when it actually supports 32
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1299759"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Press on the white Cube
Expected results: Unity will return the number that is actually available on the device (On Mac it should be 32)
Actual results: Unity returns lower or higher values than actually available on the device (On Mac it shows just 8)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1,
Unable to test with: 2018.4 due to project breaking from downgrading
- macOS and IOS with Metal seem to constantly reproduce this issue.
- Pressing on the Cube will enable 10 compute buffers and then display the cube if according to the console or the red text in the project the supported buffer count is lower then 10 but the Cube is still displayed which means that the device actually supports 10 or more compute buffers and Unity is just displaying them wrong(This happens with IOS and macOS)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Outlines are visible on Mesh when Alpha Clipping is enabled and Surface Type is set to Opaque
- UI Elements are not getting focused when navigating through using arrow keys if they’re placed in a specific position
- Deleted scene selection is wonky in the Build Settings
- [macOS] "Preventing Sleep" setting is set to "Yes" in a built Player application
- [Quest][URP] Enabling post processing on a camera when it's disabled on the URP settings forces rendering into an intermediate texture
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3.43f1):
Fixed in: 2020.3.43f1