Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.18f1, 2022.2.0a16
Total Bake Time shows unrealistically low baking time
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Preferences window (Edit>Preferences...) click Clean Cache button;
3. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) click Generate Lighting buttton;
4. Wait for the bake to complete;
5. Observe Total Bake Time at the bottom section of the Lighting window.
Total Bake Time shows realistic bake time values (e.g. 0:01:20).
Total Bake Time shows unrealistically low values (0:00:04). See attached screenshot.
Regression introduced in Version 2021.2.0b16
- Reproducible in Version 2022.1.0a12, 2021.2.0b16;
- Not reproducible in Version 2021.2.0b15, 2021.1.26f1;
- Reproducible on Windows and macOS (Intel-based and Apple Silicon);
- Reproducible when baking with GPU Lightmapper; not reproducible when baking with CPU Lightnmapper.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak
- Code continues to run after enabling the Frame Debugger when in paused Play Mode and using 'WaitForSecondsRealtime' coroutine
- Dragging and dropping files from the Unity Editor to a different app doesn't work when Cmd-Tab is used to switch apps
- SDF Baking causes memory to be allocated that isn't deallocated when in Play Mode and in Builds