Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.35f1, 2022.3.19f1, 2023.2.7f1, 2023.3.0a15
Audio plays for a split second when Mixer's volume is set to 0 beforehand
1. Open attached project and "StartMenu" scene
2. Enter Play Mode
3. In Game View, if there is music playing, press the Settings icon in the top-right corner and set the music slider to 0.
4. Exit Play Mode and Enter it again.
5. Listen for an audio pop
Expected result: There is no audio pop
Actual result: There is an audio pop
Reproducible with: 2021.2.12f1, 2022.1.0b7
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1 (downgrading breaks project), 2022.2.0a5 (missing NetCode namespaces break project)
In SettingsManager.cs, lines 58-65, you can see our mixer's volume being set to a value from PlayerPrefs. However, if you set the Volume to 0 and exit/enter Play Mode again, it's still played for a split second, despite the .Play() method being executed later in the code.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on BucketAllocator::Allocate when entering Play mode
- [HDRP] Canvas resizes when navigating the hierarchy
- AudioSource Stereo Pan property doesn't fully mute the right or left channel when using a VideoPlayer attached to an AudioSource and setting the option to -1 or 1
- Advertisement Legacy is not initialized when entering the Play Mode for the second time
- The "Edit Angular Limits" changes place when enabling "is Kinematic"