Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
1. Have a project with some textures, fonts, audio clips etc.
2. Switch editor to Android platform (assets reimport, fine, expected).
3. Go to Project Settings -> Other Settings -> Graphics APIs, change them (e.g. remove Vulkan).
4. Assets reimport immediately!
This is not expected. Things like textures (especially uncompressed textures) should not depend on the graphics APIs. Much less Fonts etc.
Another similar sounding case: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/changing-playersettings-dot-graphicsapi-reimports-all-textures-regardless-of-their-compression-settings (case 1182352) has been marked as fixed but the behavior above does happen, at least in 2021.2.
Internally it seems that the cause is that assets record a "ImportParameter/Platform" dependency, with values like "platform:13;extendedPlatform:0;subTarget:53687091" or ""platform:13;extendedPlatform:0;subTarget:524288", i.e. the subtarget part includes the graphics APIs.
Regression started to happen with asset database V2 (ADBv2); v1 did not have this issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform