Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Changing PlayerSettings.GraphicsAPI reimports all textures regardless of their compression settings
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Add a texture to the Assets folder (you can use the one that is attached to this case)
3. In the Inspector, set texture 'Format' to "RGBA 32 bit"
4. In "Project Settings/Player/Other Player", uncheck the 'Auto Graphics API for Windows'
5. Add or remove "Direct3D12" (or any other) Graphics API for the Windows list
Actual result: The texture gets recompiled (as in the attached video).
Expected result: The texture does not get recompiled.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
- Ghost empty folders are left behind when after calling Refresh, Directory.Move is called
- [OSX] The Scene icon in the Unity Editor's title bar can be dragged and dropped out of the project
- [Metal][Editor] Memory grows continuously until Editor crashes when importing 100k materials
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right