Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Changing PlayerSettings.GraphicsAPI reimports all textures regardless of their compression settings
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Add a texture to the Assets folder (you can use the one that is attached to this case)
3. In the Inspector, set texture 'Format' to "RGBA 32 bit"
4. In "Project Settings/Player/Other Player", uncheck the 'Auto Graphics API for Windows'
5. Add or remove "Direct3D12" (or any other) Graphics API for the Windows list
Actual result: The texture gets recompiled (as in the attached video).
Expected result: The texture does not get recompiled.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP] UnityLinker error when building
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source
- [Android] Audio is only stopped after a delay when VideoPlayer.Pause() is called