Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Changing PlayerSettings.GraphicsAPI reimports all textures regardless of their compression settings
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Add a texture to the Assets folder (you can use the one that is attached to this case)
3. In the Inspector, set texture 'Format' to "RGBA 32 bit"
4. In "Project Settings/Player/Other Player", uncheck the 'Auto Graphics API for Windows'
5. Add or remove "Direct3D12" (or any other) Graphics API for the Windows list
Actual result: The texture gets recompiled (as in the attached video).
Expected result: The texture does not get recompiled.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Unity licensing command on Linux pops a progress bar when using -batchmode and -nographics
- SerializedReference GameObject property gets set to null after entering Play mode
- Profiler - RawFrameDataIterator ThreadID will always return 0 for profiler frame data loaded from .data files
- Crash on scripting_field_get_type when a Script has List<> of LayoutKind.Explicit struct with [FieldOffset(1)] ScriptableObject
- Frame Debugger doesn't work when using Camera.SetTargetBuffers