Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Changing PlayerSettings.GraphicsAPI reimports all textures regardless of their compression settings
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Add a texture to the Assets folder (you can use the one that is attached to this case)
3. In the Inspector, set texture 'Format' to "RGBA 32 bit"
4. In "Project Settings/Player/Other Player", uncheck the 'Auto Graphics API for Windows'
5. Add or remove "Direct3D12" (or any other) Graphics API for the Windows list
Actual result: The texture gets recompiled (as in the attached video).
Expected result: The texture does not get recompiled.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2d][Sprite Import] Specific Sprite seems to be cutoff when added into the scene
- Need to update the Application icon
- [instability] assetBundleVariant YAML parse issue in HDRP package: DebugDisplayLatlong.sha
- [Android] InputField.onEndEdit is not called when turning off the TouchScreenKeyboard on an Android device
- Material Preview Icons don't represent the Material accurately when a Scene is saved