Search Issue Tracker
[AssetBundles] Multiple sprite textures produce larger sized asset bundles in Unity versions >=5.3
When setting a texture to 'Sprite Mode: Multiple' the format that it is stored in an Asset bundle has changed since Unity versions >= 5.3. Prior to 5.3 the asset bundle would include all of the sub-textures (top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right) but not the whole texture. Since 5.3 the asset bundle includes all the sub-textures as well as the whole texture.
This is leading to an increased memory size for asset bundles with LZMA compression.
See information on how to reproduce below with the initial bug report.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System prefab doesn't simulate when in prefab mode and the Editor is playing but paused
- Cannot move/rotate/scale static objects in prefab mode when playing
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- PhotoCapture has a very low framerate
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP