Search Issue Tracker
[AssetBundles] Multiple sprite textures produce larger sized asset bundles in Unity versions >=5.3
When setting a texture to 'Sprite Mode: Multiple' the format that it is stored in an Asset bundle has changed since Unity versions >= 5.3. Prior to 5.3 the asset bundle would include all of the sub-textures (top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right) but not the whole texture. Since 5.3 the asset bundle includes all the sub-textures as well as the whole texture.
This is leading to an increased memory size for asset bundles with LZMA compression.
See information on how to reproduce below with the initial bug report.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator