Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.1
[AssetBundles] Asset Bundles break references when loading
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Delete the AssetBundles folder from the root directory of the project
3. Go to menu AssetBundles -> Build AssetBundles From BuildMap
- Also make sure Simulate AssetBundles is unchecked for now
4. Open scene TestScenes/AssetLoader.unity
5. Play the scene
- Note the warnings: The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
- And the errors: GameObject (named <object name>) references runtime script in scene file. Fixing!
- Only Cube1 and Cube3 are referenced at this point (Cube2 is not referenced)
6. Stop and play scene again
- Cube1 appears to load properly (though the editor still throws errors)
- The loading gets as far as the "GameObject (named 'Cube2') references runtime script in scene file. Fixing!" error and then stops.
- Subsequent replays of the scene don't cause any changes in the error/warning patterns
- None of this happens if Simulate AssetBundles is checked in the AssetBundles menu (it is necessary to assign the cube prefabs to their respective AssetBundles)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Error of NullReferenceException and black screen appears when opening new project in 2019.2.10f1 version
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model