Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4
Fixed in 2019.2, 2019.3
[AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "BundleTest.zip" project
2. Open the "Scene1.unity" scene
3. Build Asset Bundle
- Test -> BuildBundle, You can see the assetbundle in BundleTest/bin folder
4. Edit Game.cs script
- change the Asset Bundle file path in AssetBundle.LoadFromFile("your project folder/bin/bundletest");
5. Enter Play mode
Actual result: 3 warnings are thrown into the console about missing references.
Expected result: No warnings are thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a1, 2019.3.0b1, 2019.2.3f1, 2018.4.7f1.
- The issue is not reproducible if line "var ao = EditorSceneManager.LoadSceneAsyncInPlayMode (SCENE2, new LoadSceneParameters (LoadSceneMode.Single));" Game.cs: 23 is commented out.
- Can't test 2017.4 as EditorSceneManager.LoadSceneAsyncInPlayMode is not implemented there.
Fixed in 2020.1.0a9, 2019.3.0b10, 2019.2.13f1, 2018.4.13f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute