Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Duplicate in 2017.4.X
Asset Bundles fail to load when using async loading methods
How to reproduce:
1. Open 'SampleScene' from attached project
2. Start Play mode
3. In Game window click "Load Broken"
4. Inspect Console
Expected result: Only "Loaded: 61 assets" message appears
Actual result: 'Loaded' message may or may not appear, multiple warning pairs get thrown either a few times or continuously:
"Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak"
"To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.16f1, 2018.4.17f1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.20f1, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a22
Workaround: Access assets directly like "AssetBundleRequest.allAssets" before calling yield
1) Some interactions with Editor might stop the loading loop and cause it to finish.
2) Bundle with fewer textures(3 while original is 61) does not produce warnings but still fails to load.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated