Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Duplicate in 2017.4.X
Asset Bundles fail to load when using async loading methods
How to reproduce:
1. Open 'SampleScene' from attached project
2. Start Play mode
3. In Game window click "Load Broken"
4. Inspect Console
Expected result: Only "Loaded: 61 assets" message appears
Actual result: 'Loaded' message may or may not appear, multiple warning pairs get thrown either a few times or continuously:
"Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak"
"To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.16f1, 2018.4.17f1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.20f1, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a22
Workaround: Access assets directly like "AssetBundleRequest.allAssets" before calling yield
1) Some interactions with Editor might stop the loading loop and cause it to finish.
2) Bundle with fewer textures(3 while original is 61) does not produce warnings but still fails to load.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU