Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material when using WWW.LoadFromCatcheOrDownload
Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure there is only Assets folder in the Project folder
2. Open attached project
3. Open scene "boostrap"
4. In the top bar: My Asset Bundles > Build It
5. Play scene
Expected behavior: Red or green ball (depending on the script VariantLoader.cs) appears on the screen
Actual result: Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material
Reproduced with: 5.4.2p2, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
Not reproduced with: 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p1 and older.
In the 13th line of script VariantLoader.cs user can change a name of a string "stuff.sd" to "stuff.hd". This way two different types of Asset Bundles are tested.
Reproduced on both Mac and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator