Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material when using WWW.LoadFromCatcheOrDownload
Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure there is only Assets folder in the Project folder
2. Open attached project
3. Open scene "boostrap"
4. In the top bar: My Asset Bundles > Build It
5. Play scene
Expected behavior: Red or green ball (depending on the script VariantLoader.cs) appears on the screen
Actual result: Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material
Reproduced with: 5.4.2p2, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
Not reproduced with: 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p1 and older.
In the 13th line of script VariantLoader.cs user can change a name of a string "stuff.sd" to "stuff.hd". This way two different types of Asset Bundles are tested.
Reproduced on both Mac and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source