Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material when using WWW.LoadFromCatcheOrDownload
Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure there is only Assets folder in the Project folder
2. Open attached project
3. Open scene "boostrap"
4. In the top bar: My Asset Bundles > Build It
5. Play scene
Expected behavior: Red or green ball (depending on the script VariantLoader.cs) appears on the screen
Actual result: Asset Bundle Variant fails to resolve material
Reproduced with: 5.4.2p2, 5.5.0b11, 5.6.0a2
Not reproduced with: 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p1 and older.
In the 13th line of script VariantLoader.cs user can change a name of a string "stuff.sd" to "stuff.hd". This way two different types of Asset Bundles are tested.
Reproduced on both Mac and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Querying the mapped value of map(…) before ':unityLibrary:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac' when building on Android SDK 31
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR