Search Issue Tracker
[Asset Bundle] AssetBundle.LoadAsset<T> fails when assets and or scripts share the same name
1) Open attached project "ABRefBug"
2) Build asset bundles using the menu "Assets/AssetBundles/Build AssetBundles"
3) Open "Main" scene
4) Select "Loader" object
5) In the inspector check "LoadWithExtention" only
6) Enter play mode
--- Result is logged in the console
--- You should see that one of the assets with the same name but different types failed to load
SomeAssetDefinition someAssetDefinition = bundle.LoadAsset<SomeAssetDefinition>(assetName);
SomeScriptableObject someScriptableObject = bundle.LoadAsset<SomeScriptableObject>(assetName);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off