Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Asset Bundle] Unity fails to load the object with script that has the same name as an assets in a bundle asynchronously
1) Open attached project "ABRefBug"
2) Build asset bundles using the menu "Assets/AssetBundles/Build AssetBundles"
3) Open "Main" scene
4) Select "Loader" object
5) In the inspector check "Load Dependency Bundle", "LoadWithExtention", "Load Without Extenstion" and "Use Load Async"
6) Enter play mode.
--- Result is logged in the console
--- You should see missing reference script errors and reference to runtime script errors indicating Unity failed to load the script that has the same name as the assets in the bundle
Regression introduced in 5.3.3p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar
- Custom shader creation APIs are missing the AssetImportContext and thus can't handle includes correctly