Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.4, 2018.1
Assertion failed: Shader Compiler Socket Exception when certain Shaders interact with each other
1. Open the attached project;
2. Attempt to Build the project.
Expected result: Unity builds the project successfully, no shader compile errors were thrown (or meaningful errors were thrown)
Actual result: Build fails,
"Assertion failed: Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader snippet type=1 platform=1: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number"
"Assertion failed: Shader Compiler Socket Exception: Terminating shader compiler process, 0 retries left" were thrown into the console.
Reproduced on versions: 5.5.6f1, 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.1p1.
Not reproduced on versions: 2017.3.0a1-2017.3.0a6.
Fixed on version: 2017.2.2p3, 2017.4.3f1.
DirectX9 is deprecated in 2017.3 - 2018.x versions
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)