Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[IMGUI] Assertion failed errors when docking an editor window containing a GUILayout.window
1. Create a new project.
2. Install ProBuilder through the package manager.
3. Open the ProBuilder window. (Tools -> ProBuilder -> ProBuilder Window)
4. Open the UV Editor window. (ProBuilder Window -> UV Editor)
5. Dock the UV Editor window anywhere.
Expected Outcome: No issues, no errors.
Actual Outcome: Continuous errors in the console.
Reproducible in 2020.1.0a22 with ProBuilder preview.2 4.3.0, 4.1.0. Doesn't seem to be package specific.
Not reproducible in 2020.1.0a21 with ProBuilder preview.2 4.3.0
Assertion failed on expression: '!dest.m_MultiFrameGUIState.m_Windows'
- Tested on Windows and Mac.
- Errors can be cleared, but will continue to print to console until you restart the project.
- GIF attached demonstrating the issue.
- Tried other Probuilder windows, no apparent issues.
- Tried other dockable editor windows, no apparent issues. Unsure if there are any other windows affected by this.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0b1