Search Issue Tracker
"Assembly for Assembly Definition File '*' will not be compiled" warning thrown on creation of a new Project
1. Create a new project (with any template)
2. Observe the console
Expected results: No warnings are thrown
Actual results: "Assembly for Assembly Definition File '*' will not be compiled" warnings are thrown for various imported packages
Reproducible with: 2019.4.24f1, 2019.4.27f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.9f1, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17
Windows10 and macOS
Note: Only reproducible on downloaded Unity version and not reproducible if you build the version locally
Assembly for Assembly Definition File 'Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Tests/Runtime/Unity.TextMeshPro.Tests.asmdef' will not be compiled, because it has no scripts associated with it.
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:TickCompilationPipeline (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions,UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup,UnityEditor.BuildTarget) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilationInterface.cs:435)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- [DXC/DX12] No way to enable SM 6.6 features results in compiler error when e.g. using 64-bit atomics in a shader