Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll recompiled on saving a script that does not belong to it
1. Open project I attached (ScriptCompilationBug.zip);
2. Open ScriptAssemblies folder in project files. Notice DateModified of Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
3. Open EmptyClass.cs script in project.
4. Edit line 8 in it, to print anything else.
5. Save script.
6. Play scene
7. Notice quite long compile time.
8. Open ScriptAssemblies folder in project files. Notice DateModified of Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll has new timestamp.
Repro on 5.3.5f1, 5.3.5p4, 5.4.0b22
No repro on 5.0.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
May 17, 2017 14:39
where can I download the ScriptCompilationBug.zip file?
I don't seem to have access to it
Jul 28, 2016 08:28
This is has already been fixed in 5.3.5p7, you don't have to wait for 5.3.7. It's to bad that it only states that it will be fixed in 5.3.7 as I almost missed this.
Now my compilation time is cut in half.
Jun 16, 2016 01:41
I have the same issue with Unity 5.3.4p2. This doesn't happen with 5.3.2p2.