Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
AspectRatioFitter gives a warning when changing the Components Aspect Ratio if it's attached to a Canvas
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1302464.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. In the Hierarchy go to Canvas -> Content -> MainPanel
4. In the Inspector notice the Aspect Ratio field of the Aspect Ratio Fitter
Expected results: AspectRatioFitter allows the use of various aspect ratios
Actual results: AspectRatioFitter gives a warning when trying to set the Aspect Ratio
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a14, 2020.2.2f1. 2021.1.0b1, 2021.2.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a13
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1 (AspectRatioFitter not available)
-The given warning: You cannot use this Aspect Mode because this Component is attached to a Canvas with a fixed width and height
Feb 10, 2022 23:59
I don't quite understand what's going on if it can be explained a bit better?
I have used the Aspect Ratio Fitter before, it would be a surefire way to make UI fit inside aspect ratios too out of shape from the original design, we would add letterboxing as needed (a black image at the top and another at the bottom on top of everything).
It used to work on 2019.4.xf1, came here because it isn't working on 2021.1.28f1 (it has a warning) yet this post says it has been actually fixed?
To clarify, I have used this aspect ratio fitter before successfully on Screen Space overlay cameras and Screen Space - Camera modes (I never use world space camera for front facing flat UI) but it isn't working now.
Nov 02, 2021 21:41
We use 2020.3.20. This issue affects us too.
Oct 10, 2021 13:20
Still not working for 2020.3.17f1. How can it be fixed on all but the LTS version?
May 21, 2021 01:00
I am using 2020.3.8f but still show the warning "You cannot use this Aspect Mode because this Component is attached to a Canvas with a fixed width and height"
How can I fix it??
Feb 24, 2021 21:29
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a5
Ensuring we only disable the ARF for root nonworldspace canvas's as they are the ones that have a fixed resolution that would be overwritten constantly
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0b8
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.7f1