Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
modifications.empty() error after creating object from prefab which has Aspect ratio fitter attached
Steps to reproduce:
1. Make a new project
2. Create a canvas
3. Create an empty child (a) on the canvas
4. Create an empty child (b) on object a
5. Add an 'Aspect Ratio Fitter' component to object b, set the Aspect Mode to 'Fit In Parent'
6. Make object a into a new prefab.
7. Drag this prefab onto the scene view and notice an error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Oct 24, 2018 09:01
Experiencing the same issue.
Sep 16, 2018 09:10
there is stlill an error in unity 2018.2.8f1
Sep 06, 2018 21:07
Solved the issue, run the project, instantiate the prefab with the problem via script(For some reason when you instantiate the prefab, it won't throw the error) Now delete your prefab and replace it with the one in the hierarchy window.
It worked for me, worth a try.
Jul 25, 2018 12:14
Same in 2018.2.0f2
Jul 06, 2018 22:17
This is still the issue with unity 2018.1.0f2...
Wow unity, wow.
May 20, 2018 05:56
Can second that this is still an issue
May 17, 2018 04:25
This issue is still an issue in Unity 2018. Please unmark it as resolved and look back into the bug.
May 14, 2018 17:55
As I mentioned in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/modification-empty-for-prefabs.314239/
This issue showed up after I updated my project to 2018.1.0f2 from 2017.3.1. The object in question is a Canvas prefab that has no children. I have posted a screenshot of a new project, new scene, and new Canvas prefab causing the same error, so I doubt it has anything to do with how my project is set up.
Dec 27, 2017 16:43
Same issue on 5.6.4p4 as of 12-27-17:
Sep 25, 2017 15:34
I have the same error on Unity 5.5.2f.
On Unity 2017.2.0f Unity crashes on 7 step