Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Artifact dependency to an asset is not registered when reimporting some assets
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the "TestScene" Scene in the user attached "AssetDependencyBug.7z" project
2. In the Console window press Clear
3. In the Project window navigate to Assets > Materials > Test-Incorrect
4. Right-click on "Bricks" asset > Reimport
5. Observe the Console window
Expected result: there are no errors but a message whose first line reads "Registered dependency:"
Actual result: there are multiple errors and no message whose first line reads "Registered dependency:"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.9f1, 2022.1.0b5, 2022.2.0a3
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.35f1 due to compilation errors after downgrading the project
- If after the first attempt the issue wasn't reproduced repeat step 3, then Right-click on "Metallic0_Smoothness0.7" asset > Reimport and then repeat the whole process from step 2
- After reproducing the issue, minimizing and then reopening the Editor window resolves the issue, as the dependencies get registered and the reimport finishes
- Expected results could be achieved by altering step 3: In the Project window navigate to Assets > Materials > Test-Correct
- The issue can also be reproduced by altering the "Bricks" asset in an external image editor
- The errors displayed in the console read:
"Assertion failed on expression: 'm_Blacklist.count(artifactKey) == 0'"
"Refresh completed but there are assets queued up for importing. Check for code that modifies assets which gets called after OnPostProcessAllAssets. Additional details in Log file"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up