Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
ArgumentNullException gets thrown when changing the base class to MonoBehaviour of a Script that is attached to a State
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached '1319708.zip' project
2. In the Project window double-click on the Test Animator Controller
3. In the Animator window select the 'A' State
4. Observe the Inspector
5. Open Assets > DummyScript.cs
6. Change the base from 'StateMachineBehaviour' to 'MonoBehaviour'
7. Save the Script
8. Switch back to the Unity Editor
9. Select the 'A' State
10. Observe the Inspector
Expected result: The 'Add Behaviour' button is displayed in the Inspector, no visible errors present
Actual result: The 'Add Behaviour' button and the 'DummyScript' component are not displayed in the Inspector, multiple ArgumentNullException errors appear in the Console
Reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.0f1, 2021.1.0b11, 2021.2.0a8
- The following error gets thrown in the Console:
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: componentOrGameObject
- The issue doesn't reproduce when changing the base class to 'ScriptableObject'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows Player exe contains unwanted properties, causing text "Unity Playback Engine" to appear in task bar when mousing over it
- Changes made by the Script in the UI Document are reset when performing an Undo operation after changing the GameObject with this Script
- Emissive materials are broken when loading Scene via SceneManager.LoadScene
- [URP] [Decals] ProxyLighting Decal shader doesn't work in Screen Space Technique
- "Pin in New Scene Dialog" option position migrates with "Inspector" window resizing