Search Issue Tracker
ArgumentException Getting control position on repaint is thrown when the opened window uses GUILayout Horizontal/Vertical/Scroll
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Tree View.zip"
2. In Editor, open TreeView Examples -> Custom Row Heights
3. In Project window, create a c# script (wait for the script to compile)
4. Observe Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Actual result: ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing repaint is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.17f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.3.1f1, 2020.1.0a22
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
- [WebGL] Blit with Custom Shader is not rendered in Player
- Error “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ’getSupportedExtensions')" is thrown and WebGL builds do not run on ChromeOS devices when using WebGL 1.0 Graphics API
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
Resolution Note (2020.2.X):
Mixing both automatic and fixed layouts is allowed only in OnGUI function.
The user script CustomHeightTreeView.cs uses fixed layout and then user is trying to use GUILayout.HorizontalScope which shouldn't work in RowGUI as user can't mix GUILayout code and in a section that is rect based.