Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Animator Controller] Remove of state in Animator Controller in Survival Shooter causes multiple NullReferenceExceptions
1. Import Survival Shooter 5.
2. Open Animator Window.
3. Go to _CompletedAssets -> Animation -> PlayerAnimatorController.
4. In Animator Window delete Move state.
Alternative reproduction steps:
1. Create new project
2. Download & Import Mecanim Example Scenes from Asset Store
3. Select any animation in the Controlls folder
4. Select first state (orange)
5. Delete the state
Actual result: All graph in corrupts the window and graphs. Multiple errors in console:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.Graph.CreateAnyStateEdges (UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateTransition transition) .......
The anim.controller file get's corrupted permanently.
Reproduces in 5.2.2p1, 5.3.x, 5.4.a2.
Win 8.1 / Mac 10.9
Expected result: No errors in log, state is deleted, all rest graph stays in Animator Window.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached