Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Animation Window Stalls due to Garbage Collection when animation has a large number of keys
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open the 'Profiler' window.
3. In the 'Profiler' window press 'Profile Editor' and 'Record'.
4. Select 'Wolf" game object in the 'Hierarchy' window.
5. Double click on any part of the game object.
6. Move the control points.
User uses a script which creates points on the character and you can modify them with animation, the main issue is, that the user uses a large amount of control points to modify animation and it consumes a huge amount of memory and it makes Unity freeze for like 5 seconds.
I am attaching screenshots to see what it looks like from my perspective in the 'Profiler' window.
5.4.0b23, 5.4.0b22, 5.4.0b21, 5.4.0b19, 5.3.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()