Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Animation Window Stalls due to Garbage Collection when animation has a large number of keys
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open the 'Profiler' window.
3. In the 'Profiler' window press 'Profile Editor' and 'Record'.
4. Select 'Wolf" game object in the 'Hierarchy' window.
5. Double click on any part of the game object.
6. Move the control points.
User uses a script which creates points on the character and you can modify them with animation, the main issue is, that the user uses a large amount of control points to modify animation and it consumes a huge amount of memory and it makes Unity freeze for like 5 seconds.
I am attaching screenshots to see what it looks like from my perspective in the 'Profiler' window.
5.4.0b23, 5.4.0b22, 5.4.0b21, 5.4.0b19, 5.3.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up