Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Animation window is really slow and lagging when using a lot of keyframes to edit animations
1. Open users attached project "Unity Animation window lag.zip"
2. Open Animation window
3. Expand "Crow.fbx" asset from Assets folder and select "Take 001.anim" animation asset
4. Observe the Animation window is lagging when trying to navigate in it
Expected result: the Animation window shouldn't lag
Actual result: the Animation windows lag to a point of not being able to work with it
2017.4.12f1 2018.1.9f2 2018.2.12f1 2018.3.0b5 2019.1.0a4
Duplicating the animation file "Take 001.anim" its size can increase to +100MB even though the main file "Crow.fbx" only takes 13.6MB of space.
Reproduced on MacOS and Win10 machines.
This especially can be experienced when viewing Animation Curves.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Jul 09, 2022 05:37
Not fixed - problem persists in Unity 2019.2.18
Feb 01, 2022 08:26
The problem is still there in Unity 2019.4.31f1
Dec 01, 2021 13:55
Still an issue in 2021.2.3
Oct 15, 2021 14:05
For anyone that uses addressables - we managed to fix this for us.
When using preview window an inspector header is redrawn and addressable entry deep check is performed. This causes GC.
private static List<AddressableAssetEntry> implicitEntriesBuffer = new List<AddressableAssetEntry>();
private static HashSet<string> processedPaths = new HashSet<string>();
private static HashSet<string> validPaths = new HashSet<string>();
internal AddressableAssetEntry GetImplicitEntry(string implicitAssetPath)
var path = AssetPath;
#pragma warning disable 0618
if (MainAssetType == typeof(AddressableAssetEntryCollection))
#pragma warning restore 0618
AddressableAssetEntry result = null;
for (int i = 0; i < implicitEntriesBuffer.Count; i++)
if (implicitEntriesBuffer[i].AssetPath == implicitAssetPath)
result = implicitEntriesBuffer[i];
Aug 17, 2021 19:58
It still does in Unity 2020.3 LTS
Jul 31, 2021 10:46
Still a problem in 2019.4.26f1
Dec 21, 2020 17:15
Still a problem in 2019.4.15f1
Dec 08, 2020 19:53
Still a problem in 2019.4.14f
Oct 01, 2020 14:40
The problem is still there in Unity 2019.3.3.f1
Aug 21, 2020 19:19
Hm, this issue is not fixed anymore on Unity 2020.1 . It's really slow and laggy.