Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Android] [Vulkan] Adreno 612 fails to detect ASTC+HDR texture format and fallback using Vulkan
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project and open in Unity
2) Make sure that Vulkan is the only Graphics API in the Player Settings
3) Make sure that Format of the texture in the Assets folder is set to RGB(A) Compressed ASTC HDR 6x6 block
4) Build and Run on a device
Expected result: Texture format should fall back. Image should be rendered
Actual result: Image is not rendered, ASTC+HDR texture format is not detected
Devices under testing:
VLNQA00302, Samsung Galaxy A70 (SM-A705FN), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 675 SM6150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 612
Not reproduced with:
VLNQA00217, Razer Phone 2 (Phone 2), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00149, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00220, Samsung Galaxy Note9 (SM-N960F), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
Note: Using Gles2 ASTC+HDR texture is decompressed but fails to render the image and warning in the logcat is printed:
WARNING: RGBA Compressed ASTC6X6 UFloat format is not supported, decompressing texture (expected)
Unsupported GraphicsFormat(0) for SetPixel operations.
Note: Using Gles3 Graphics API works fine, warning in the logcat (expected) and image is rendered:
WARNING: RGBA Compressed ASTC6X6 UFloat format is not supported, decompressing texture
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'