Search Issue Tracker
[Android] READ_PHONE_STATE permission is added in the AndroidManifest.xml file using latest (26.0.2) SDK
Steps to reproduce:
1) Update SDK to the latest version (26.0.2)
2) Download attached project 'Repo.zip' and open in Unity
3) Build .apk file
4) Open 'AndroidManifest.xml' file (Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest.xml)
Expected result:READ_PHONE_STATE permission should not be added in the AndroidManifest.xml (check attachment 'AndroidManifest_created_with_26.0.2.xml')
Actual result: READ_PHONE_STATE permission is added in the AndroidManifest.xml (check attachment 'AndroidManifest_created_with.25.2.3.xml')
5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1, 2017.2.0b1
Note: READ_PHONE_STATE permission wasn't added using 25.2.5 sdk
RESOLUTION: By design. The project includes a plugin (com.nerd.TapdaqUnityPlugin) which does not specify targetSdkVersion in its manifest. Thus android manifest merger correctly assumes that the SDK version is lower than 4 and implicitly grants the READ_PHONE_STATE permission. See https://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission.html#READ_PHONE_STATE. The difference between 25.2.5 and 26.0.2 SDKs is that in the latter we use different manifest merger implementation which is more strict.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor tries to compile JS files included WebGL templates
- [OSX][Keyboard] When Caps Lock is active, the key is always read as pressed.
- [Editor][Touch] TouchControl.pressure is not initialized
- [iOS][Touch] Stylus Pressure value is not normalized
- [Windows][Touch] touch.touchType is displayed as "-26" instead of "Direct"