Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[Android] ComputeShader returns wrong value obtained in C# code
1. Open the attached project "HuaWeiComputeShader.zip"
2. Build on Android
3. Press "Run" to output ComputeShader data
Expected result: Red text Data starts from "8388608", Black text Data starts from "8388609"
Actual result: Red text Data starts from 0
Reproduces on: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a8
Reproduces with these devices:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00220, Samsung Galaxy Note9 (SM-N960F), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
N/A, Huawei Honor 10 (COL-L29), Android 9.0.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 970, GPU: Mali-G72
Does not reproduce with these devices:
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
VLNQA00123, Google Pixel 2 XL (Pixel 2 XL), Android R, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
Could not test with due to Kernel ComputeShader not supported and/or value always returned 0:
VLNQA00140, Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Android 5.0.1, CPU: Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960, GPU: Adreno (TM) 320
VLNQA00313, Huawei Y6 Ⅱ Compact (HUAWEI LYO-L01), Android 5.1, CPU: MediaTek MT6735, GPU: Mali-T720
-ComputeShader returns a value greater than 8388608(1<<23). The value obtained in C# code is wrong, using uint to pass the data.
-Could not test with ILCPP due to compilation errors
-Reproduces with Vulkan, OpenGLES 3 and OpenGLES 2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved