Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[Android] Caret is always at the beginning of existing text when selecting InputField with Line Type set to Multi Line
1. Download and open attached "Dummy.zip" project.
2. Build and run on any android device.
3. When application loads, select Input field located in the middle or lower right of the screen.
4. Notice that the Caret is located at the beginning of the text.
Expected result: Caret is at the end of the existing text when Input field is selected.
Actual result: Caret is set to be at the beginning of the existing text when Input field is selected.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a3, 2017.3.0b8, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p2, 5.5.5p1.
Devices Under Test:
Lge LG D802 (G2)*, OS:4.4.2, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 330,
Sony C6603 (Xperia Z)*, OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 320,
Samsung SM G950F*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-G71,
Notes: Did not reproduce on Standalone and iOS builds. Select Input field located in top left for reference how it should work. That Input field is configured to Single Line. Input fields located in the middle or lower right of the screen have the following line types : Multi Line Submit and Multi Line Newline.
Fixed in 2018.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture when using specific webcam