Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.1
[Android] Bottom navigation bar is shown when using Handheld.StartActivityIndicator
1. Download and open attached "HandheldIndicator.zip" project.
2. Build and run on any android device.
3. Press the "Load" button.
4. Notice that bottom navigation bar is shown when loading is initiated.
Expected result: When Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is called, only loading indicator shows up. Navigation bar is left hidden.
Actual result: When Loading is initiated and Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is called, it also shows bottom navigation bar while loading.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a6, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.1.0b2.
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.4p3.
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0b2.
Devices under test:
Samsung SM G950U*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 540,
Google Pixel XL*, OS:8.0.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 530,
Lge LG D802 (G2)*, OS:4.4.2, CPU:armeabi-v7a,
GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:lge/g2_open_com/g2:4.4.2/KOT49I.D80220h/D80220h.1413914494:user/release-keys
Notes: The original behavior got broken in 2017.1.0a1 (Indicator didn't even appear when loading was initiated and Handheld.StartActivityIndicator was called.) Issue persisted till 2017.1.0a5. In 2017.1.0a6 and 2017.1.0b1 app started to crash on startup. From 2017.1.0b2 crashing issue seems to be fixed, but the current issue appears - Android bottom navigation bar pops up if Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is used.
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project