Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.1.X
[Android] Bottom navigation bar is shown when using Handheld.StartActivityIndicator
1. Download and open attached "HandheldIndicator.zip" project.
2. Build and run on any android device.
3. Press the "Load" button.
4. Notice that bottom navigation bar is shown when loading is initiated.
Expected result: When Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is called, only loading indicator shows up. Navigation bar is left hidden.
Actual result: When Loading is initiated and Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is called, it also shows bottom navigation bar while loading.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a6, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.1.0b2.
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.4p3.
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.0b2.
Devices under test:
Samsung SM G950U*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 540,
Google Pixel XL*, OS:8.0.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 530,
Lge LG D802 (G2)*, OS:4.4.2, CPU:armeabi-v7a,
GPU:Adreno (TM) 330, Build:lge/g2_open_com/g2:4.4.2/KOT49I.D80220h/D80220h.1413914494:user/release-keys
Notes: The original behavior got broken in 2017.1.0a1 (Indicator didn't even appear when loading was initiated and Handheld.StartActivityIndicator was called.) Issue persisted till 2017.1.0a5. In 2017.1.0a6 and 2017.1.0b1 app started to crash on startup. From 2017.1.0b2 crashing issue seems to be fixed, but the current issue appears - Android bottom navigation bar pops up if Handheld.StartActivityIndicator is used.
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete