Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.2.X
[Android] Blit Type "Auto" or "Never" causes Android to show black scene
1. Download attached project "VRUnity2018-2b9.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Set Android platform
4. Go to Player Settings > Resolution and Presentation and set Blit Type to "Auto" or "Never"
5. Run logcat
6. Build and run the project on an Android device
7. Observe that Build shows a black screen and there is no Unity splash screen
- Logcat is shared in the comments section
- This issue is reproducible only on Android devices
- This issue is not reproducible in iOS devices
- This issue is not reproducible in Windows and OSX Standalones
- This issue is not reproduced in Editor
- Workaround: Switching to Blit Type to "Always" fixes the problem.
- Samsung Galaxy S9, OS: 8.0.0, CPU: arm64-v8a, GPU: Mali-G72 - Reproduced
- Google Pixel 2, OS: 8.1.0, CPU: arm64-v8a, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540 - Reproduced
- iPhone 7, iOS: 11.2.6, CPU: A10 - Not Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2018.1.6f1, 2018.1.7f1 and 2018.2.0b10 and 2018.3.0a3
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.1.5f1
Regression on Unity 2018.1.6f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Apr 25, 2022 23:06
Is great for all types of readers because people are interested by read these types of blogs and people don't know very well about nursingassignmentwriters.co.uk/ is the great and famous all the uk they provide the best give writing services.
Jan 03, 2021 08:35
Clip Studio Paint Crack is a professional program to draw a 3D object and work with comic-book format.
Clip Studio Paint Crack freelicensekey.org/clip-studio-paint-crack-serial-number/
Jun 19, 2019 12:17
same problem in version 2018.4.1f1
Oct 17, 2018 18:54
I just spent almost a day trying to solve this issue. Following this thread, I started by changing the blit type to never/always/auto without any success.
My project is using unity 2018.2.5f1 + Lightweight renderer. Everything was looking fine until I added a hud camera with the clear flag to Depth only.
Then, I installed and tried all the variants on 2018.2.12f1 and 2018.3.0b5. Same blackscreen.
I started to mess around with every properties that seemed related. I've found that LightweightPipeline -> Render Scale is equal to 1 *AND* that LightweightPipeline -> Depth Texture is DISABLED, it fixes the black screen issue.
I don't totally understand the internal issue here but it's a shame that the Render Scale property isn't working :( I was hoping to tweak this value a lot since our vuforia game is draining to much cpu and power.
Oct 09, 2018 12:44
happens also without VR. we've had Never on for ages now and suddenly with unrelated changes commit it stopped working. have to put always or black screen on android versions <7.0
Aug 15, 2018 11:20
In unity 2018.2.2f1 , On building android VR app , It shows only black screen ,Blit Type to choosen Auto , Always and Never, in all three cases same situation kindly resolve urgently
Aug 02, 2018 04:09
The issue is still reproducible. Used Unity 2018.2.1f.
Is't really fixed? Could you please provide the "future version" where it is fixed?
Jul 25, 2018 04:04
It broke in Unity 2018.1.6 and is still broken in 2018.2.0f2 it works fine in 2018.1.5f1
Jul 23, 2018 14:10
Found in 2018.2.0b9, Fixed in Unity 2018.1?
Jul 19, 2018 15:49
Leaving a comment incase anyone else encounters the form of this issue where the game is transparent rather than black as what happened in my case.
It caused the app to just not render rather than render black making the last frame of whatever was on the screen as you launched or switched to the app just appear frozen on the screen. (However the app can still be used as normal, it's just that you can't see anything)
Issue happened on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and switching Blit Type to "Always" fixed the issue.