Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Android] Blit Type "Auto" or "Never" causes Android to show black scene
1. Download attached project "VRUnity2018-2b9.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Set Android platform
4. Go to Player Settings > Resolution and Presentation and set Blit Type to "Auto" or "Never"
5. Run logcat
6. Build and run the project on an Android device
7. Observe that Build shows a black screen and there is no Unity splash screen
- Logcat is shared in the comments section
- This issue is reproducible only on Android devices
- This issue is not reproducible in iOS devices
- This issue is not reproducible in Windows and OSX Standalones
- This issue is not reproduced in Editor
- Workaround: Switching to Blit Type to "Always" fixes the problem.
- Samsung Galaxy S9, OS: 8.0.0, CPU: arm64-v8a, GPU: Mali-G72 - Reproduced
- Google Pixel 2, OS: 8.1.0, CPU: arm64-v8a, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540 - Reproduced
- iPhone 7, iOS: 11.2.6, CPU: A10 - Not Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2018.1.6f1, 2018.1.7f1 and 2018.2.0b10 and 2018.3.0a3
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.1.5f1
Regression on Unity 2018.1.6f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2