Search Issue Tracker
[Android] AssetBundles fail to build correctly which results in an empty Scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "JustTest.zip"
2. Load the Scene "Startup"
3. Make sure that the build platform is set to Android (File > Build Settings...)
4. In the Project view find and delete the contents of the AssetBundles folder (Assets > StreamingAssets > AssetBundles)
5. Build the AssetBundles (Build > Build AssetBundles)
6. Build and run the project to an Android device
Expected result: The assets get built correctly and the Scene "Startup" loads on the device without any issues displaying a moving character
Actual result: The assets do not get build correctly, the device screen is blank when the Scene "Startup" loads
Reproducible with: 2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a9
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1 (multiple Console errors after downgrading)
VLNQA00052, Xiaomi MI MAX, Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 617 MSM8952, GPU: Adreno (TM) 510
VLNQA00288, Samsung Galaxy J7, Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7870, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00332, Samsung Galaxy XCover4, Android 9, CPU: Exynos 7 Quad 7570, GPU: Mali-T720
- Builds correctly on StandaloneWindows platform
- Builds correctly on Android when using the additional Asset Bundle Browser package
- The AssetBundle build code can be found in "TestMain.cs"
- Will also fail to correctly build on Android when using CompatibilityBuildPipeline
- A workaround is to open the Timeline "ApholeAppearTimeline" before building the assets (this only works when using BuildPipeline and will not work on CompatibilityBuildPipeline)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Templates are missing in Hub 3.0.0-beta.2 when creating new project for Unity 2022.1
- SRPBatcher not increasing CBuffer size when material shader is changed
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1