Search Issue Tracker
[Android] AssetBundles fail to build correctly which results in an empty Scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "JustTest.zip"
2. Load the Scene "Startup"
3. Make sure that the build platform is set to Android (File > Build Settings...)
4. In the Project view find and delete the contents of the AssetBundles folder (Assets > StreamingAssets > AssetBundles)
5. Build the AssetBundles (Build > Build AssetBundles)
6. Build and run the project to an Android device
Expected result: The assets get built correctly and the Scene "Startup" loads on the device without any issues displaying a moving character
Actual result: The assets do not get build correctly, the device screen is blank when the Scene "Startup" loads
Reproducible with: 2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a9
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1 (multiple Console errors after downgrading)
VLNQA00052, Xiaomi MI MAX, Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 617 MSM8952, GPU: Adreno (TM) 510
VLNQA00288, Samsung Galaxy J7, Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7870, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00332, Samsung Galaxy XCover4, Android 9, CPU: Exynos 7 Quad 7570, GPU: Mali-T720
- Builds correctly on StandaloneWindows platform
- Builds correctly on Android when using the additional Asset Bundle Browser package
- The AssetBundle build code can be found in "TestMain.cs"
- Will also fail to correctly build on Android when using CompatibilityBuildPipeline
- A workaround is to open the Timeline "ApholeAppearTimeline" before building the assets (this only works when using BuildPipeline and will not work on CompatibilityBuildPipeline)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first