Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Android] A GLSL error occurs when using the Unity Particle System
1. Download and open the attached project called "TestGLSLError.zip"
2. Open the TestScene
3. Build and install on an Android device
4. Run the installed project
5. Open Terminal and run "adb logcat"
6. Press CTRL+F or CMD+F and type "GLSL link error"
Expected result: No errors found
Actual result: A GLSL link error occurs
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a9
VLNQA00134. Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Octa 8895, GPU: Mali-G71
Does not reproduce on:
VLNQA00032, Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) (XT1092), Android 5.1, CPU: Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AC, GPU: Adreno (TM) 330
N/A, OnePlus 8 Pro, Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 865 SM8250, GPU: Adreno (TM) 650
N/A, OnePlus 6, Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
Dec 29, 2021 07:20
Sep 22, 2021 18:00
Been waiting for this to be fixed for 2019//2020 for a year now
Sep 16, 2021 17:01
I am having the same issue on 2020.1.17f1 any plan of fixing this on LTS ?
Dec 12, 2020 16:19
This error still exists in 2020.1.17f1 when building to an Android device in development mode. In my case to a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 9 (Kernel version 4.4.111-17263988).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in version 2021.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in version 2020.3.23f1