Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
An error is thrown after re-building a library of previous Editor version project when the Profiler of 2020.2 project is opened
How to reproduce:
1) Create and open a new project in 2020.1
2) Select the Default layout
3) Open the Profiler window
4) Close the project
5) Repeat steps 1-4 with 2020.2 (a reproducible version)
6) Delete the 2020.1 project's Library folder
7) Open the 2020.1 project
8) Observe the Console window
Expected result: no errors are thrown
Actual result: an error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a13, 2020.2.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a12
Unknown managed type referenced: [UnityEditor.CoreModule] UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUProfilerModule
Full title/description: An error is thrown after re-building a library of an older/previous Editor version project when a 2020.2 stream project is closed after opening up a Profiler window in it
Feb 08, 2022 14:19
I managed to stop getting
"Unknown managed type referenced: [UnityEditor.CoreModule] UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.CPUProfilerModule" on "2019.4.12f1"
by loading a window Layout.
Maybe Unity tried to open a window, that did not exist in this version.
Feb 07, 2022 12:20
Same here with 2019.4.35f1 with fresh project with HDRP.
Nov 18, 2021 14:20
2019.4.12f1 The same happened to me. but when you create a new project. I created a new project in another folder. and the error did not go away. fast and easy. I delete the project with the error.
(en español) me paso lo mismo. pero cuando cree un proyecto nuevo en otra carpeta, el error desaparecio, Asi que despues borre el proyecto con el error. y acomode el nuevo en la carpeta correspondiente.
Mar 17, 2021 18:49
Same problem with 2019.4.21f
Thanks EKPYROTICFROOD, helped
Feb 20, 2021 12:07
Thankyou EKPYROTICFROOD, your solution worked for me :)
Jan 14, 2021 22:04
It appears to be caused by something in the layout that we carry into new projects from old ones.
This will wipe that out, but it fixes the error for me:
Find the file named CurrentLayout-default.dwlt (probably in the "Library" folder)
Delete the file named CurrentLayout-default.dwlt
Jan 03, 2021 07:01
I have the same problem with 2019.4.11f1 with fresh empty project
Oct 15, 2020 19:12
Same here with 2020.1.9f1 with fresh project with HDRP.
Oct 09, 2020 10:38
It happens for me on a fresh project with URP on 2019.4.12f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0a15