Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
[Allegorithmic] Substance Designer materials can't be used even if Substance plugin is installed
1. Download attached project "BT_LWRP.zip" and open in Unity
2. Go to Assets > Materials
3. Try to edit "granite_grey_blue.sbsar" or "rock_surface_rough.sbsar"
Expected Result: After you select one of these Materials, you see that you can edit them in Inspector
Actual Result: After you select one of these Materials, you will get the error in Console:
"Assets/Materials/rock_surface_rough.sbsar: Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store"
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- No matter if you have Substance plugin Unity or not, you will still get this error
Reproduced on Unity 2018.1.0b2, 2018.1.0f1 and 2018.2.0a8
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.4.1f1 and 2018.1.0b1
Regression on Unity 2018.1.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System prefab doesn't simulate when in prefab mode and the Editor is playing but paused
- Cannot move/rotate/scale static objects in prefab mode when playing
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- PhotoCapture has a very low framerate
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP